Protect Your Sight From the Sun
No matter the season, your eyes need protection from ultraviolet rays that can damage your sight and increase your risk of eye diseases. Sunny days spent by the sea, sand, or snow can reflect glare into your eyes and damage your vision, so be sure to wear sunglasses whether you’re at the ski hill or the beach.
Cloudy days don’t offer much protection either. UV rays can easily penetrate clouds, so overcast skies are not a reason to abandon your sun protection.
Even if you’re blessed with perfect vision, you still need sun safety. We offer a wide selection of sunglasses in both prescription and non-prescription options.
We have brands and styles to suit every member of your family. Come and see us today to pick your favourite pair.Request Appointment
Selecting Your Sunglasses
Choosing sunglasses can be challenging with all of the options available. Our team has one goal in mind—to find your sunglasses that protect your eyes and make you feel good too.
There are a few things to consider when selecting your sun protection:
- Darker sunglasses don’t necessarily offer more UV protection.
- Polarized lenses reduce glare but don’t protect your eyes from UV rays, though some polarized lenses do offer sun safety too.
- Larger lenses offer more protection since they cover your entire eye area.
- Coloured finishes mean very little when it comes to UV protection.
- Price means very little—you should look for high UV protection, not high price tags to determine how sun-safe the lenses are.
Maui Jim is the fastest growing American maker of premium polarized sunglasses, prescription sunglasses, and ophthalmic frames in the world! It all began in Lahaina, Hawaii, with a need for sunglasses that could eliminate the harsh Hawaiian glare without distorting the colors of the island scenery. Today, Maui Jim also produces stunning, high-quality ophthalmic frames.
Oakley invents each new product with a design philosophy called sculptural physics: the discipline of solving problems with science and wrapping them in art. Supported by an infrastructure that includes the latest tools of technology, Oakley engineers and artisans continue to expand the American company’s array of product categories.
Visit Our Location
We’re conveniently located across from My Dad’s Pizza and Knoll Avenue. Free parking is available in the lot steps from our front door. We look forward to seeing you at your next eye exam!
- 4600 Buffalo Rd.
- Erie, PA 16510
Hours of Operation
- Monday: 8:30 AM – 5:00 PM
- Tuesday: 8:30 AM – 5:00 PM
- Wednesday: 8:00 AM – 1:00 PM
- Thursday: 8:30 AM – 5:00 PM
- Friday: 8:30 AM – 5:00 PM
- Saturday: Closed
- Sunday: Closed
Closed for lunch from 12:30-1:30